Coconut oil is my favorite super food. Not only is it a rich moisturizer, it’s versatile, it’s antimicrobial, antifungal, antibacterial, has a decent amount of antioxidants, and has the best aroma!
You can get it at any good health food store in the cooking oil section, just make sure it's raw, organic, virgin coconut oil. Here are some of its amazing uses.
1. For cooking at high heat, stir-frying, roasting and frying in general. I use it in the oven for potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, asparagus, broccoli, and even as a butter replacement on many foods.
2. As a deep-conditioning hair treatment. Coconut oil is better able to penetrate the hair than is mineral oil and sunflower oil.
3. To take off eye makeup. Put a little on a cotton square and sweep it over your eyes gently. It even works on waterproof mascara.
4. As a face moisturizer. Some acne-prone women use it because it’s naturally antibacterial, calming, and moisturizing.
5. As a body moisturizer. I use it morning after my shower and it last all day.
6. As a day-time hair tamer to get rid of frizz and a scalp moisturizer to prevent dryness.
7. Gluten-free and vegan baking. It gives these foods a really great flavor.
8. To lower blood sugar levels in diabetics. Do not use in place of your regular meds, but it definitely helps.